We Are Hiring!
Sugar Lab Bake Shop is expanding once more and we are in need of some additional help. We are looking to hire a Part Time Pie Baker. Please read through the description carefully.
Self taught cake decorator Ali Kenis and mother Kelly Shirk teamed up to create Sugar Lab Bake Shop, a beautiful store front bakery in Ventura, California. The bakery is known for their delicious menu of freshly baked treats and full range of custom cakes. The retail menu consists of cupcakes, French macarons, cookies, brownies & bars, decorated sugar cookies, mini pies, and more! Sugar Lab Bake Shop strives for delicious sweet treats along with exceptional customer service to make their customers' events even better. They are known for creating fresh baked goods with the highest quality ingredients.
Qualities in All Staff Members
We are searching for someone with passion and experience in creating quality sweet treats with a high level of detail. The ideal candidate will have a strong work ethic, willing to jump in where needed, be a team player who can get along well with our tight-knit group but can also stay focused to get their tasks completed. This individual is someone who continually goes above and beyond the basic requirement, has great organization and time management skills, and has a background in customer service, even when not directly working with customers.
Part Time Pie Baker
This position is primarily responsible for baking all of our mini and full size pies and tarts. This position will start working Thursdays and Fridays, with hours ranging from 4-16 hours per week. These hours will fluctuate based on the amount of orders per week. This position has room for growth and the potential to assist with other areas in the kitchen.
Duties and Responsibilities
– Able to follow recipes to prepare a variety of menu items from scratch with little to no instruction
– Ability to take and follow direction
– Attention to fine detail required for all daily tasks
– Ability to establish priorities and work independently as well as part of a team
– A passion for baking and creating must be evident in daily work
– Desire to experiment with new recipes
– Work closely with all staff to ensure products are produced and stored in a timely and efficient manner
– Responsible for proper storage, labelling and use of all food supplies
– Ensure overall cleanliness and health standards are being met
– Responsible for exceptional customer service, when necessary
– Consistently displaying a positive and happy demeanor
– Responsible for daily and weekly cleaning tasks as per cleaning schedule
Credentials and Experience
– Culinary Arts diploma or equivalent on the job education heavily favored, but not required
– Experience baking from scratch, professional/commercial setting ideal
– Ability to obtain food handler's certification within 30 days of hire, if not already obtained
We invite all qualified applicants to apply. Please send an email containing a resume and a portfolio with 3-5 pictures of your best pies goods to firstname.lastname@example.org. Commercial pie experience is not required but please explain your experience, professional or personal, in your email if it is not listed on your resume work experience. While we thank all individuals for applying, only qualified candidates will be contacted for an interview. No phone calls please.